If you would like to make the enchiladas with chicken or beef, Sister Aviles gave us instructions for this too. For beef, just brown a pound of ground beef and roll it up in the tortillas. You would not mix it with cheese, but after it is rolled up in the pan, pour more sauce on, and top with some cheese. This is what she told me to do for chicken: cook a 2-3 chicken breasts slowly with water, chicken bouillon, carrots, celery, and lots of bay leaves. So what I did was put my chicken in a crock pot with water and bouillon (I added enough so it was like a broth), 2 celery ribs cut into chunks, and 2 carrots cut into chunks, 7 bay leaves, and I added about 1/2 T. of peppercorns. I let it go all day until I was ready to add it to the enchiladas. I shredded it and added some of the cooking liquid back into it to keep it moist, and a little salt. You may also want to add some of the enchilada sauce. Then just roll it up in the dipped tortillas, top with more sauce and cheese. Bake for a little while to melt the cheese. In my opinion, the red sauce is more suited to the beef, and the green sauce is for the chicken.
I also strained the cooking liquid and used that to cook my rice instead of water, and I left out the chicken bouillon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment